Freedom of Information requests are managed by South, Central and West Commissioning Support Unit (CSU) in partnership with Hampshire and Isle of Wight Integrated Care Board.

The Act recognises that, as a member of the public, you have the right to know how public services make their operational decisions and how public money is spent. It gives anyone a general right to request access to see official information held by public authorities such as the CCG. For further information, please visit the Information Commissioner's Office website.  

The Act reflects a national policy to shift from a culture of confidentiality to one of openness, where information is routinely available, subject to certain exemptions, to anyone who wishes to see it.

Confidentiality and requesting personal information 

Although information is made available through our Publication Scheme, the Freedom of Information Act does not override a person’s right of confidentiality. Your rights to confidentiality are protected under Article 8 of the Human Rights Convention and the Data Protection Act.

The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access your own personal records; if you wish to request personal records for yourself, or on behalf of another person such as a relative (this is known as a 'subject access request') please contact the Data Protection Officer by emailing

Cost of information

All the electronic information which is downloadable from our website is provided free of charge for personal use.

Where information is only available in hard copy there may be a charge for the cost of copying and postage, dependent on volume. Any costs and charges that will have to be paid in advance will be advised to the applicant.


The material available through our Publication Scheme is subject to CCG copyright unless otherwise indicated. Unless expressly indicated on the material to the contrary, it may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium provided it is reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading manner.

Permission to reproduce material does not extend to any material accessed through the Publication Scheme that is the copyright of third parties. You must obtain authorisation to reproduce such material from the copyright-holders concerned.

If you wish to re-use information in our Publication Scheme for commercial use please refer to the Re-use of Public Sector Regulations 2005 and contact the CCG via the Freedom of Information address for relevant permissions.

Making a Freedom Of Information (FOI) request

Before sending an FOI request, please review our publication scheme. If you are unable to find the information you need, please submit a written request via Please include your full name and an address for correspondence (an email address is sufficient). If you can be as specific as possible in your request this helps us to identify appropriate information to assist your enquiry.

Helpful advice on submitting enquiries is available from the Information Commissioner’s Office.

You might also be interested in...